Monday, October 13, 2014

The hardest decision I have ever made Rustic Salon.

Good Morning!
So this mornings post comes straight from a conversation I had with The Handy Man who by the way thinks he needs a better name! Rude. Saturday we had the blessing of me sleeping in till 7am! THM went hunting and the littles were camping with Papa across the river. Needless to say when I woke I was bored. So I started making plans for an adventure as soon as I could get my hands on my littles agian.
Off to the Rollof Farms for pumpkin picking. THM and I like to solve all the worlds and our own problems as we make our road trips.While the littles are snuggled fast asleep in the back of the pick up. We discussed the last year of our lives. It's been a big one. We are past the one year of buying the 336 building and doing some serious remodel up stairs and the we are now approaching the one year mark of me making the biggest decision ever!! Branching out, being on my own, starting my own business and brand.
I can honestly say that having my own studio was ever in my dreams. I just never thought I could do it on my own. Work by my self for my self. It was a hard hard choice that I battled with and prayed a lot about! I don't think I have prayed that much about one thing since the littles were admitted into the NICU. I will explain why this was such a battle.
You see I have worked in three salons my entire career up until almost a year ago. The first one right out of beauty school was just a bad location for a just out of beauty school girl. Cute place and tons of potential, just wasn't right for me. Second place was a lot of fun! Great group of gals, I was blessed with the opportunity to take over for a gal who was leaving so I was given a small clientele. Some of which I still have! The next place well when I found it, I thought I had found my home. It was tiny. Just a little two seater. I met the gal from a friend of a friend only to find out she was actually married to a friend an upper class man I went to high school with years ago. So we hit it off just right. Kindred spirits we called our selves soul sisters. Before long we were finishing each others sentences raising our babes together spending all out our extra time together. It was bliss. I love her. I truly love her. Her family. Her choices. I just love her. We had many many great years together growing as friends co workers, sisters. As the years went on she decided to move to a larger space and I was right there with her. A few years later a better building came about and she took me to see it and it was THE place huge. Beautiful, warm, just perfect. So that was my home away from home for a few years along side my friend and sister. Somewhere along the lines I started wanting more. Not sure what more I wanted I just wanted more. So I started working a lot. Started getting better at what I wanted my craft to be. You Tube became my best friend. Instagram I stalked people and small salons. Stylist who really branched out I wanted to be them. I wanted to go where they go. I wanted more. All along I was praying for answers, for a sign to show me what more I wanted. We came home from a family vacation and one of THM business associates approached us with a grand opportunity. So 336 S Main Ave became ours. And while pondering all our opportunities for the downstairs commercial unit, THM asked me a profound question. "What if the more you are praying about is your own Salon"? And in that moment my sign, my prayers were answered. So I was expecting this great answer the sky to open up and bam there it is. But no, it was just a question brought up from the man who knows me best. He explained to me he would build me whatever it was I wanted. I could have my own. Exactly how I wanted it. right down to the wall color. It was a huge decision to make, because having my own sounds all great and amazing; until you realize to have your own your more you leave your friend your sister your other other half.
You see where this was the hardest choice I have ever made...To have my more I had to leave my best friend. I will tell you this, I almost backed out. I almost told my self it wasn't worth it. My more wasn't worth me losing my best friend. Now it's not like I was kicking her to the curb and we were now arch enemies. I was just the moment when you spread your wings and fly leaving everyone behind underneath you for a little while. I know in my heart we will find our friendship again someday. It may not ever be what it was but I know we are meant to be together just as much as I know THM and I are meant for each other. I can see where it would feel and look like I was double crossing or moving on because I wasn't happy or trying to be bigger and better than her. I'm not. I would never ever do that, she means way to much to me. I still love her. I was happy with my job. I loved where I worked. It was just time for me to be on my own. For me to run my own show, succeed or fail on my own. Not that long ago she took this same brave step because she knew it was were she was supposed to be. And I am so proud of her for that, for the salon she has built. The salon she puts her love and blessings into. One day I hope to be just as successful as she is. For now I will continue on my more path. Becoming a great business woman. Amazing hair stylist. Color expert. Who knows what else! My more can take me places I never knew I wanted.
Rustic Salon is my more. It is my new dream. It is my happy place. My slice of Heaven. My canvas. My Life! Fail or succeed I know that my friend will be there always. Rustic may have been my biggest hardest decision I have even made. Walking in the doors of my first real home of Salon Boheme was the the easiest best decision I ever made.

All my Love and Style
Tab

No comments:

Post a Comment