Tuesday, October 14, 2014

#TabTip Ask, but you may not always receive.

So today's TabTip is about asking all the right question and giving all the truthful answers. This is my secret to being a great stylist. I ask A TON of questions. When you sit in my chair I start with the usual Hi how are you? What are we doing today? But I don't stop there. I pry. I am trying to get to know you if you are new to my chair but even if you are returning guest I still pry. Not the kind of pry that drives you crazy but the kind you are going to think "what in the world how is this info going to help for to cut my hair"? I need any and all info! The reason you ask....because the more I know about you the better style cut color and hopefully soon extensions I can give you. You are my walking talking advertisement. If you don't look great with the services I provide for you then that make me look bad. So in a round about all honesty way, me getting to know you and your life benefits you and ME! Wanting JLo's new color and style with 3 kids a full time job and an hour total to get ready in the morning is just unrealistic. I timed my hair style today and it took me 45 minutes start to finish. Mind you I did do a full blow out round brush and all but if you want the JLo look you have to style it like that every day. And I don't even want to do that much to my hair every day.  So when you ask for a style that I know you can't continue on your own..I will tell you no. Or an all over platinum bleach on your dark brown hair and I know you won't be back for 4 months. I will tell you no. Sounds harsh but I want you to be happy with your hair when I am unavailable to do it for you. I don't want the style to only look good the day of your appointment. I want it to look good all the time. I want your color to be fresh and platinum at your roots every 4 to 6 weeks.

Being completely honest with your stylist is huge. Give them a general idea of how often you want to come in to keep your new color. Are you a every six weeks no matter what or are you a every six months when someone gets me a gift certificate and my in laws will watch the baby? (Thank goodness the grown out look is so popular right now, it's perfect got busy moms!) Whatever the case may be being, honesty will get you a style you can maintain and love every day not just the day you leave the chair. Knowing that you can maintain your new color and style it your self makes us stylist happy campers. Knowing our work is out there walking around proudly makes us good and honest business people. 

All my Love and Style
Tab
 

No comments:

Post a Comment